Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sriracha-Lime Salad Dressing

I know. Stop it. Don't you eat anything that isn't coated in three inches of Sriracha, Holly?

The thing is when I'm stuck on a flavor combination, I try to figure it out. There's a combo here of Sriracha, lime and sugar that you've noticed has been the theme for the last three entries. I'll probably move on to something else eventually, but I'm trying to knock this out. It's how I work. I get obsessed with something until I feel like I've adequately worked it out and then I move on to a new problem. 

Ok, so salad. Eat to Live Joel Fuhrman says you should eat salad every day. Per ounce, nothing is really more nutritious for you than greens. I buy that. But salad dressing is kinda gross. There are only a few kinds I actually enjoy, most of them made by Paul Newman. And there are no Sriracha salad dressings, so I mean, really, what's the point. So I invented one!

Sriracha-Lime Dressing

- 2 tbs. Sriracha
- 2 tbs. lime juice
- 2 tbs. white sugar
- 1 tbs. minced garlic
- 1 tsp-1tbs. olive oil (I don't really even know if this is necessary. Err on your fat preferences.)
- 2 pinches black pepper
- 1 pinch of salt

Shake it up in a jar.


1 comment:

  1. Just made this and it was marvelous. Didn't use any olive oil, and it turned out just fine. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete