Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Vegetarian Peanut Crack Sauce

My friend Madeline originally turned me onto this recipe a few years ago. I think when I read it, it was relegated to "stir-fry sauce" and not much more. But then I adopted it like a stray kitten, nursing it on a steady diet of encouragement steroids so it could be so much more than just stir-fry sauce. Now it's crack sauce. It's the sauce you bust out when you want to impress people. It's the sauce you give away on Christmas and people throw aside their iPads and Pokemon cards, grabbing the jar with sparkles in their eyes while saying, "God bless you, Holly. God bless you! May your womb be ever fertile" Yeah. That's how good this fucking sauce is.  I'm not even remotely exaggerating.People get weird when they receive awesomesauce. 

Vegetarian Peanut Crack Sauce


1 cup unsalted, unsweetened peanut butter (all-natural)
1.5 tbs. minced garlic
2 tbs. soy sauce
2 tbs. brown sugar
2 tbs. red curry paste
1 tbs. ground ginger
Sriracha sauce to taste
1 cup very hot water

Blend all these ingredients together using an immersion blender. Store in the fridge. It won't last long, but it gets better with a few days of sitting sassy in your fridge. 

USE ON EVERYTHING. Tofu, peppers, whole-wheat noodles, buckwheat noodles, udon, brown rice, chickpeas, beans, shhhhh people tell me they eat this on English muffins in the morning. Try it. You'll figure it out.





3 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic. I'll bet it would be good with tahini, too. Now to see if I have all the ingredients...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great & versatile. Are you still adding new recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for providing extra Crack sauce information on the internet. Crack is one of my favorite spicy sauces, which I almost always get from a reputable brand like Belay & Bell. Because they are a well-known online Crack sauce distributor who provides high-quality items at a lower price than other vendors. If you're seeking to buy Crack sauce online, I recommend Belay & Bell.

    ReplyDelete