Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Stupid Easy Refrigerator Pickled Peppers

This recipe came as the result of an experiment with refrigerator pickled carrots. While that was good, this was better. And easier. And less salty.

I love red peppers. I eat at least several pounds a week. So when I realized I could just take the brine from the carrot recipe, pour it over a jar of sliced up peppers and toss it in the fridge, I was delighted. I love stupid easy things. 

Refrigerator Pickled Peppers
5-6 Red Peppers, deseeded and cut up into slices
2 Cups of warm water
3 Cups of white vinegar
1 Cup of Sugar (I use white, but you could use brown, too.) 
1 tsp. salt
Arrange the pepper slices in a tupperware container or jar like so.




Mix the pickle brine by adding the water, salt, vinegar and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Pour over the  pepper slices. Seal it up and throw in the fridge. Wait for at least 24 hours before you eat them. They will be tasty and you will be happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment